After many years as an independent consultant in the world of information systems, I decided in 2002 to redirect the focus of my company in an entirely new direction promoting wellness through bodywork.
Kenzen's Approach to Bodywork
People are complicated and unique -- no one approach to bodywork is right for everyone. What touches one person may not be what touches the next. And while one approach might be most supportive today, another approach might be best tomorrow. That's been my own experience during the 25 years I've received various forms of bodywork to support my personal development process and address back problems.
So when I began training in bodywork myself, I devoted myself to learning both Eastern and Western bodywork styles, knowing they would complement each other and that it would allow me to better support the needs of my clients.
I'm convinced that our bodies possess a great deal of wisdom and that each of us holds the keys to our own wellness. By listening to your body, a deeper sense of openness, contact, understanding and peace is there, ready to be discovered!
"Kenzen" is the Japanese word for wellness.
My Education as a Bodyworker
- Belgian Shiatsu Federation
- Platform Rebalancing Netherlands
- Somatic Experiencing Nederland, 2008 - 2010.
- Received my diploma as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner in 2010.
- SE is a body-oriented trauma therapy.
- Trained at the Rebalancing Training Foundation in The Netherlands from 2003-2006.
- Received my diploma as a Rebalancer in May, 2006.
- Besides a variety of bodywork techniques, the program also contained modules on topics such as trauma work, working with pain, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, body reading, self inquiry, anatomy and pathology.
Shiatsu Seated Massage
- Trained at the Lifeforce Shiatsu Institute in Belgium from 2002-2005.
- Received my 1A certification from the Belgian Shiatsu Federation in 2005.
- The program included Western and Eastern anatomy, physiology and pathology as well as dietary practices that take yin/yang and 5-transformation theories into account.
- Became a certified Touchline Shiatsu seated massage practitioner in 2003.
- Trained by Tony Neuman, founder of Touchline Institute.
Workshops and other supplemental training
- Trained at Medi-Sport in The Netherlands during 2002-2003.
- The program included extensive anatomy, physiology and first-aid training.
- Rebalancing Masterclass - Touching Essence, taught by Vedanta Aspioti and Nick Athanassakis, 2018
- Rebalancing Masterclass - Cranio Sacral: Playing with No-Mind, taught by Etienne Peirsman, 2017
- Rebalancing Masterclass - Paying Attention ("you can't think and pay attention at the same time", taught by Deva Barbara van Rooijen), 2016
- Rebalancing Masterclass - Sexuality in the Practice, 2016
- Rebalancing Masterclass - Arun conscious touch (taught by Anubuddha), 2014
- Rebalancing Masterclass - Stop in the Name of Love (working with the Superego, taught by Rob Merkx), 2013
- Survival Styles and Mindful Self-Regulation (Character Structures), taught by Larry Heller, 2010
- Workshop Deep Bodywork: working with the back and pelvis, taught by Satyarthi, 2007
- Self-investigation workshop, 2007
- Self-investigation workshop, 2006
- Tragering® workshop, 2005
- Aromatherapy basis course, 2004
- Relaxation massage (5-day basis course), 2003